Monitor your jobs
To see which of your jobs are running or to see which ones are still in queue, you can use the
squeue command as follows:
$ squeue -u $USER
You will see an output similar to the following
JOBID PARTITION NAME USER ST TIME NODES NODELIST(REASON)
123 parition_name my_job my_username R 00:00:15 1 node dnode001
The various fields in the above output are explained below.
- JOBID: Job ID assigned to your job the scheduler.
- PARTITION: the partition you have chosen to run your job.
- NAME: You job name.
- USER: Your username.
- ST: This indicates the status of the job. Some of the possible status values are: R= Running, PD = Pending and CG = Completing.
- TIME: Time for which the job is running in HH:MM:SS.
- NODES: The number of nodes you have asked for or the number of nodes that have been allocated (depending on the state of your job).
- NODELIST (REASON): The nodes on which your job is running. If there is a problem with your job, it will also indicate a short message indicating the issue.
To delete your job or to remove it from the queue, you can use the
scancel command as shown below.
$ scancel job_id